Assist populations devastated after floods in the Ganges Delta.
Ganges Delta (India)
Due to the flood that have destroyed thousands of homes in the Delta of the Ganges, we have sent economic aid answering the call for help that we received from Father Gaston Dayanand
This way in the first couple years of our activity our Foundation has collaborated with the existing projects of this region which compromise of:
- General Dispensary: The biggest of Delta of the Ganges that is dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis and leprosy. From here we organize annual vaccination campaigns. This dispensary covers about 50,000 patients per year.
- 36 smaller dispensary
- Schools for children without resources: Children between the ages of 7-15 years old receive education in eighteen schools located along the Deltas Ganges.
- Development of medicinal plants: This development project is performed by 4,000 women who cultivate and gather plants to produce medicine.
- Ship-Hospitals: They navigate by the Ganges Delta taking healthcare to 54 small islands that lacked all medical attention. The Foundation City of Hope and Joy contribute in the donation of one the ship-hospitals. The ships have 2 doctors and various assistances and were equipped with an operating room and all the necessary instruments to do the follow-ups of patients.
- Microcredit Programs: Systems of small loans to women so that they may create their own business and allow them to bring up their families. These small loans that were granted were returned as they earned money.
- Training for Women: Training courses on hygiene, pediatrics, nutrition and labor capacity for women without resources.