To attend and help in the rehabilitation of girls and boys with special capacities that belongs to a disfavor class.
Rehabilitation center in St. Anne’s it is located in Coimbatore in the state of Tamil Nadu (India).
- Renovate the building and the physiotherapy room.
- Equipment of the center and the canteen.
- Installation of solar panels to have hot water for the minors.
- 350 minors have attended and receive rehabilitation.
- Directs: 350 minor with disabilities.
- Indirects: relatives of these people- aprox. 1.400 people- and their community.
Located in Coimbatore, east of the state of Tamil Nadu, the St. Anne’s Rehabilitation Center known as Star Special School, began its work in 1984 with 5 minor mentally disabled. In 1994 the sisters of the congregation of St. Anne of Tiruchirapalli, responsible for the direction and management of the center, decided to expand the type of beneficiaries and began attending deaf and dumb.
The center currently serves 250 children with physical and/or mental disability, provides rehabilitation, basic education and job training for these children to become self-sufficient within their means.
The center, which was originally established as a day care center, has become the home to 125 children.
The Foundation, in addition to sending volunteers annually, has financed the renovation of the main building of the school and physiotherapy room, allowing a proper care of children with disabilities in this center.