Promote social integration and personal development of 200 students with few resources by the practice of sports.
The socio-sports school are located in Nazareth, placed 25 km form Tiruchirapalli, in Tamil Nadu (India).
- It have been implemented a sports education program.
- Also, the have been develop ludic workshops and didactics to parents.
- Also it has been develop leisure activities between students and the community.
- Directs: 400 minors, ?without discrimination of religion, caste or other factors, both schools receive orphan children, with no resources or in high risk of social exclusion, distributing the beneficiaries the following way:
– St. Thomas Higher Secondary School (Nazareth): 200 minors
– St. Patrick Higher Secondary School (Alundur): 200 minors
- Indirects: relatives of these 400 minor. As the children, they belong to families with low resources and risk of social exclusion and poverty.
Since 2013, the Hope and Joy Foundation with TMSS and Real Madrid Foundation have launched the socio-sports schools in the Higher Secondary School of St. Thomas in the rural town of Nazareth – and St. Patrick – in Alundur, about 3 km from the first – in order to provide a comprehensive and complete education strategy developed with the neediest children in the area, and thus combat school dropouts and child labor that many of these children were pressured into by their economic and social conditions.
The project aims to encourage personal development and social integration of these minors, through sport and to generate a healthy alternative in their leisure time.
These two socio-sports schools, implemented in collaboration with the Real Madrid Foundation, aim to improve the personal, educational and social status of the most vulnerable children in these areas through sports training, school support classes, health screenings, food reinforcements and participation in tournaments, championships and leisure activities, among other activities.
Sports training received by the children of the socio-sports schools are not only to improve health and psychomotor aspects. The specificity of the method of training schools of the Real Madrid Foundation, called “They play, we educate,” is the use of sport as a tool to promote healthy habits and education training in values.
Also, in order to educate parents about the importance of education of their children and to strengthen the family unit, lectures and workshops for parents and alumni are implemented, providing the tools that allow them access to a better future.