Construction of new classrooms and multipurpose room in Vidivelli Special School
The school provides basic training both official and unofficial in addition to a variety of therapeutic programs, physiotherapy and recreational activities.
Better the quality of life of these children. Develop their abilities and further their education. These are children that belong to unfavorable class.
Vidivelli Special School is located in Chinthamani in the Tamil Nadu state of India.
- Construction of new classroom and a multipurpose room.
- 150 minors with different disabilities from the ages of 6 to 17 years will receive training and therapy.
- 53 minors between the ages of 0 to 6 years of age will be receiving personalized attention and specific care.
– 150 minors with diverse disabilities between the ages of 6 to 17 years of age who will receive training and therapy.
– 53 minors between the ages of 0 to 6 years of age will be receiving personalized attention and specific care.
- Indirect: The family members of these children- about 812 people and their community.
Built in 1987, the Vidivelli Special School was built to impart training and therapy to minors, between the ages of 6-17 years, with different disabilities. Additionally, with the premise of “prevention is better than the cure” the Early Intervention Center was opened. This center focuses on attention on children among the ages of 0 to 6 years old and training for their mothers.
The school provides basic training both official and unofficial in addition to a variety of therapeutic programs, physiotherapy and recreational activities. The activities are adapted in order to fit the needs of each child. The development of these activities and the training of teachers are carried out by an existing therapy program that is executed by physiotherapist, psychologist and speech therapist.
Thanks to the basic training, the attention and the therapies implemented by both centers the lives of these children as well as their families are greatly improving. Currently the Vidivelli School receives 150 children, of which 130 permanently reside in the center. Another 53 reside in the Center of Early Intervention.
The need for sufficient space that is properly conditioned with special and diverse features for these children, has justified the expansion of the school with more classrooms and a multipurpose room that was financed by the organization in 2015.