High School – Saint Anthony Parish Avadi Neighborhood
Foundation in 2013 financed the construction of three additional classrooms in the school and five sanitation installations to cover the basic needs of the students.
Offer basic education to children between the ages of 4 to 16 years old of low income.
Roman Catholic Middle School, Old Agraharam Street, Poonamallee High Road, J.P.Estate, Avadi, Chennai 600054. Tamil Nadu, India
- Three classrooms constructed for students in 6th and 8th grade
- Five sanitation installations constructed for the school
- 1,200 boy and girls receive training at this school
- Directs: 1,200 boys and girls of low income
- Indirects: Parents and family members of these minors- 4,800 people- in addition to the general community
The Roman-Catholic high school of Saint Anthony´s parish Shrine in Avadi- a neighborhood in the city of Chennai, provides training at very low cost to minors of low income families mostly from rural areas.
In the beginning the school used to teach night classes. It has converted to a high school in order to meet the demand of the community. The parents awareness of the importance of education for their children had generated an excessive amount of requests that the school was incapable of admitting students because of the lack of classrooms, sanitary services and other installations.
In this context and with the end goal of having room for many more students the Foundation in 2013 financed the construction of three additional classrooms in the school and five sanitation installations to cover the basic needs of the students.